Help me find out what I'm doing wrong or if my TC14 is defect?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Harvey Melvin Richards Regular Member • Posts: 294
Re: AF Fine Tuning Not Available of m43 lenses

tradesmith45 wrote:

Harvey Melvin Richards wrote:

Thanks for this info, I've seen much speculation that you could focus tune, but you are the first that I have seen try it.

Harvey, there's a lens/E-M1II firmware update coming & that may change this so I'll be watching that.

The software (focus Tune) has a neat feature that's useful even if you can't micro-adjust that allows you to see where the lens is focusing. When I ran through my test images with AF adjust settings ranging from 20 to -20, the lens kept focusing at the Zero line. More proof that AF adjustments don't do anything on m43 lenses.

But I've realized something. OMD PDAF only applies when using C-AF. So just in case AF fine tuning only works I tried using C-AF too. Nada.

Thanks for the info, I updated my camera and lenses, but I haven't played with any settings yet.

Harvey Melvin Richards's gear list:Harvey Melvin Richards's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow