Time to upgrade: A6300 or A7?

Started May 10, 2017 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mcsam18 New Member • Posts: 10
Time to upgrade: A6300 or A7?

Hi all,

A few years ago I bought an A6000 with the kit 16-50 and the 55-210 from Amazon. During my time with the camera, I realized I really liked a one lens solution (I don't enjoy changing lens on the fly out in the environments). I originally purchased the 1670z, but decided I needed more reach. To help with that, I purchased the Sony 18105g, which stays on my camera 90% of the time due to its reach and versatility (the other 10% is the Sigma 30 F1.4).

Since the 18105g is on my camera almost all of the time, I realized that I have very limited use for the 16-50 and 55-210, which never come out of the bag. I was going to sell both, but realized I'd recoup more if I sold them as the original kit.

That leaves me with the opportunity to upgrade from the A6000. I've already ruled out the A6500, as it is much more than I want to spend. I originally thought that my only choice was the A6300 (body only), but while browsing B&H I noticed the A7 with kit lens wasn't too much more and I could recoup the cost by selling the Sigma and 18105g.

Option 1: Buy the A7 with kit lens and sell the 18105g and Sigma

Option 2: Keep the 18105g and Sigma and buy the A6300

I mostly use my camera when I travel and for long exposures. I know each case is different, but any thoughts/opinions on this?

 mcsam18's gear list:mcsam18's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sigma 30mm F1.4 (E/EF-M mounts)
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow