Long Focal for the Canadian Rockies?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
King_Qong New Member • Posts: 14
Long Focal for the Canadian Rockies?

Hi All,

We are going to the Canadian Rockies in early June and have wanted to get a zoom lens with a longer focal length. I currently have the Olympus EM5 Mk1 and EM1 Mk1 bodies with 7-14mm pro, 14-45mm pro, and 75mm f1.8 lens. On my previous trip to Europe I mainly paired EM5 with the 75mm (long range) and EM1 with the 7-14mm (indoors) and 12-45mm (outdoor) and worked well for me.

I mainly want to take landscape photos in the Rockies but would also be nice to take photos of wild bears and other animals - from afar! I love to see detail in my photos so getting big zooms can help. I'm wondering if a Panasonic 14-140m f3.5-5.6 will be good for my collection, but at the same time don't want to be carrying more lens on me.

Should I stick with my 75mm for wild animals or get a 14-140mm?

Would appreciate anyone with experience in this kind of location? I will be traveling from Australia, so I want to make sure I've got the right gear to take as many photos as I can as it will be once in a lifetime!

King_Qong's gear list:King_Qong's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow