I did it.

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
MediaArchivist
MediaArchivist Senior Member • Posts: 3,471
Re: I did it.

contadorfan wrote:

Friday night I started out with my Tamron 70-300 f4-5.6. I tried manual mode, AF-C, wide AF with the fastest tracking, and AF priority. The Tamron uses the modern focal points, but the hockey players skated out of them easily.

Our Tamrons use the same lens ID as the Sony 70-300, so our cameras think they are using the Sony lens. The wide array of extra focal points needs specific data about the lens in order to work, such as the focal plane curvature at various zoom points. The Tamron is pretty close to the Sony spec for spec, but it is not exactly the same lens and the level of detail is probably not the same as the Sony at every zoom level.

You might get better results with the Tamron if you turn off the extra focus points. It is an option in the menu and you can assign it to one of the Fn menu slots.

-- hide signature --

Want a roXplosion!?

MediaArchivist's gear list:MediaArchivist's gear list
Sony a99 II Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow