Where has Olympus Stylus 1 / 1s disappeared?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 13,125
Re: Still available BRAND NEW

csiluk wrote:

elliottnewcomb wrote:

csiluk wrote:

anttoo wrote:

And miracles happen: at last I found Stylus 1 and price was same as Sony┬┤s HX 90

Now it´s time to learn how to get most out of it.

Thanks to all!

Glad to here you found one You can still get them here in the US. Brand new, but not cheap.

https://www.42photo.com/Product/olympus-stylus-1-12-0-megapixel-digital-camera/109233

Caution:

1. they will call to 'verify' your order, and try very hard to sell accessories. If you say no, then, they might suddenly tell you it is back ordered.

2. get written email confirming manufacturer's warranty is included. Some places don't mention it, and say 1 year warranty, whatever, but you find out, the warranty is with them, not Olympus, ....

3. Returns: within 10 days, and it says 20% restocking fee

-- hide signature --

Elliot

Thanks Elliot, but I actually purchased mine little over 2 years ago from them. I did notice all the possible "catches". What swayed me was the fact that it was $100 less than all the other places back then, even B&H and Adorama. I'm pretty sure it cost me $450. It was around Black Friday 2014. I called them to see if it was in stock and what was included with the camera, and yes, they did try to sell me accessories which I politely declined because I didn't want or need them anyway. It was a "gray market" camera, so I kept my fingers crossed and prayed I would not have any problems with it. I've always been very happy with my Stylus 1, which is now a Stylus 1s since the firmware update came out. It's the only gray market camera I've ever purchased, and the only item I've ever purchased from them, but I'm glad to be able to say I don't regret it. But I definitely was a little nervous about it.

I posted this for those that are desperate to have one and are willing to take the slight risk of possibly getting a faulty one, which in reality, is low, but not impossible. But I personally would never pay what they go for now.

I agree, it can work out, and you are right, where else can you get a new one. I just wanted to add caution up front so the end result is successful.

btw, 10 day return, 20% restocking fee. IF you are buying a new Stylus 1, you are highly unlikely to return it, so, that means you discover something wrong (test everything right away). In that case, it is defective, they are at fault, you should get an exchange or full refund without re-stocking fee (confirm this).

-- hide signature --

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1 Sony RX100 III +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow