D500 Picture Quality Good Enough ?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
agrumpyoldsod Contributing Member • Posts: 524
Re: D500 Picture Quality Good Enough ?

Anjitha wrote:

Dear D500 users

I am still struggling to make my mind to go for D500 camera. D500 is excellent camera with excellent features which is helpful for wild life and others. I am focusing only on IQ of sensor. Are you happy with IQ ?

Here is my Normal usage of Camera and other info

Area of Photography : Wild life 95%
Normal ISO use: mostly: 200-800 (Plenty of light in UAE)
Lenses: Nikon 400mm f2.8 /200-500mm
Tele converters: 1.4 TC ll ,2TC lll
Early used cameras: D7200 /D7000/D200 (All sold)

My biggest issue is D500 's IQ ( I am a pixel peeper) Should I think on D4 or D4s or get D500 ? Any one has experience in both cameras .. and what is your opinion on IQ ?

D500 is good enough in IQ ... ?

My picture Gallery : https://www.flickr.com/photos/anjitha

Highly appreciate your reply.

Anjitha Senarath
------------------------

Anjitha -- Nice portfolio on flickr - I suggest you trade in your other bodies for a D5 if you can afford it.

I was an early adopter of the D500 and thought I would help, but it did not - well not as much as I had hoped; whereas the D5 has transformed my shooting.

My D500 use is now very rare and typically only on the few occasions I need much longer reach.  I find the images from the D500 too harsh compared to those from the D5 and D810.

I use both the D500 and D810 with battery grips and EN-EL18a inside - in part to better balance long telephotos - the D500 is tiny.

agrumpyoldsod's gear list:agrumpyoldsod's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow