I did it.

Started May 4, 2017 | Discussions thread
OP contadorfan Senior Member • Posts: 1,771
Re: I did it.

btolley wrote:

I suspect his winning Le Tour days are behind him. The "old guard" are pretty much all gone now, with the exception of Phil and Paul. I have faithfully watched le Tour for probably 20+ years now. Always look forward to July.....

Brett

-- hide signature --

I think you're right, but what I love about Contador is that he will give it all he's got.  I got to see him take his first Champs Elysee celebration lap when we were in Paris in 2007. He has enormous brown eyes.

I was thinking of cameras past last night.  My first serious camera was a Canon S90 point & shoot.  When I first got it, I wanted to test how long I could shoot video with it, so trained it on the TV screen, where the 2010 TdF was showing.  I ended up videoing the Chaingate stage!  That's where Andy Schleck's chain slipped off his bike, and Sammy Sanchez took off, & Contador took off in pursuit of Sanchez.  It was a thrilling descent by two of the best. Contador got roundly criticized because he didn't  "wait for Andy," and the controversy was dubbed Chaingate.  But if Schleck weren't such an awful descender, he wouldn't have lost so much time.  IMHO, of course

contadorfan's gear list:contadorfan's gear list
Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow