MFT / Cycling All Arounder?

Started Apr 20, 2017 | Discussions thread
gary0319
gary0319 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,956
Re: MFT / Cycling All Arounder - OLympus Pen PL7

If you can get along without a viewfinder, I would seriously consider the 16mpx Olympus Pen PL7 camera. Same innards as the Olympus E-M10 without the EVF. Couple with the Panasonic 12-32 pancake lens for great image quality in a really small package and if you need more reach the diminutive Panny 35-100 (70-200 equiv) is only 2" x 2". This gives you a complete system from 12mm -100mm that will fit in even the smallest of bags.

One of the things I like best about my Pen PL7 is that the on/off button is on the top right of the camera body. This means I can, with one hand, swing the camera up and turn it on in one smooth motion.

Need low light ? The Panny 14mm 2.5 is another great complement to t the PL7 and it's even smaller than the 12-32 for a good street view at 28mm Equiv.

All in all, the M43 cameras and lenses offer a wide variety of combinations that will fit your needs. IMO.

gary0319's gear list:gary0319's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Rokinon 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow