D610 vs D500

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AwesomeIan Senior Member • Posts: 1,250
D610 vs D500

So they have a pretty good deal on the D500 right now. Camera plus battery grip for $1800.

I currently use D610 + Tamron 150-600mm version 1. For the most part I like the results. It has two issues though. I want to get more pixels on a far away subject. Here is an example:

Not a bad picture. Focus was good. Shutter was fast enough but I feel like I am missing some fine detail. This was an aggressive crop.

When the bird is close I come away with much better detail. Here is a picture I took the other day:

This was about as close as I have ever been to a eagle. While the quality is good it is unreasonable to expect this proximity on a consistent basis.

The other issue is the AF system. I use AFC 9point. I am not sure if it is the camera/lens combo or the camera itself but sometimes it doesn't lock focus right away. I understand the AF in the D500 is very good. Would I see a huge difference? If the lens is the limiting factor I cant imagine a new body would do much good in respect to the AF.

I figure I can flip the D610 for around $700. So I am looking at a $1100 investment to do this upgrade. I just cant decide if it is worth it. Thoughts? Anybody use the Tamron 150-600 v1 on the D500?

-- hide signature --
 AwesomeIan's gear list:AwesomeIan's gear list
Nikon D610 Pentax K-1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D500 Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow