Picture resolution/Photoshop question

Started Apr 28, 2017 | Discussions thread
richardplondon
richardplondon Forum Pro • Posts: 10,764
Re: Ehem, I think I may have screwed up...

When we view a large original photo on screen, in a viewing program which lets us zoom bigger and smaller, we are from moment to moment forced to choose:

EITHER do I want to see the full detail, accepting that even using my whole screen, I can still see only PART of the image at a time,

OR do I want to see the WHOLE picture in an easily appreciable small format, accepting that this can only be as a summarised and simplified view.

We can't have both.

Let's say, you are previewing your whole picture at the same scaling at which it will be seen on the website - hence, you are previewing it on an area of screen 1000 monitor pixels wide - which is physically, only 9 to 10 inches wide.

Whatever you can see of the image in this circumstance - that should be your expectation, of what you will ALSO see in a separate web version of the image: one which has had its content summarised and simplified down to those same 1000 pixels wide. One where that amount of detail, is all that there is to see.

richardplondon's gear list:richardplondon's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow