Nikon 24-70 f2.8 (Non VR) stuck on Nikon D810

Started 2 weeks ago | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Ask Mait Regular Member • Posts: 429
Re: Nikon 24-70 f2.8 (Non VR) stuck on Nikon D810

Zircon_215 wrote:

Nikon D810/Nikkor 24-70mm Stuck

Update: I now am pretty sure it is not a loose screw. Well I suppose it could be that too ... haven't explored all the way around. Anyway, the release pin is definitely not retracting. I went to NAPA and purchased a set of feeler gauges. I already had some but they were the wire type and wouldn't work. These are the blade or leaf type as you can see. I lifted up the rubber seal and inserted the 4/1000in /.102mm leaf between the lens and camera. Rather easy to do. So how do I know it's the pin. Well, I can move the feeler gauge around and touch the pin ... on both sides and straight in (not much room to manoeuver when going straight in, though, because the pin is close to the edge of the mount.) Anyway, when I depress the release button the feeler gauge tells me its still there. I thought I might be able to dislodge it because I can push up against it on both sides and even directly from the front. But it just wont move. Maybe if I try long enough.

Kudos to you for sharing this with us.. I can only wish good luck. Keep trying gently with caution and patience. It might click once...

Ask Mait's gear list:Ask Mait's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow