Need help in lens line up for my new A7Rii

Started Apr 28, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Reb1026 New Member • Posts: 16
Need help in lens line up for my new A7Rii

I need some help in selecting new lens for my A7Rii.

I finally upgraded my A6000 to A7rii. The A7Rii is an amazing camera but I need to reshuffle my current lens line up which are:

· Rokinon 12mm f2.0

· Zeiss 24 mm f1.8

· Contax G 45 mm f2.0

· Contax G 90 mm F2.8

· Voigtlander 180 mm F4.0

I like my lenses to be small and light weight so I can bring them along to travel without breaking my back. Out of these lenses, the Zeiss 24 F1.8 is my favorite and it is glued to my camera most of the time. Before getting the A7Rii, I was so sure that I’ll replace the Zeiss 24 with the Zeiss 35 mm F2.8 but now I am not so sure. To my surprise, using the Techart G adapter, AF of the Contax G 45 mm is almost like native and I am loving it. When I use the same combo on the A6000, AF is so erratic that it is not really usable. Another nice surprise is when I put the Zeiss 24 on the A7Rii and use crop mode, the resulting photos come out to be very good, even though not as detailed as the ones taken with the Contax.

I am looking for small native or adaptive WA or UWA lens for general purpose but occasional milky way shots. Autofocus is preferred (native or smart adapter is fine) but I don’t mind manual focus either. As for the budget, it is flexible as long as it is small, fast with Zeiss type rendering and performance comparable to the Zeiss 24. was looking at the Batis line but they all seem to be BIG. Loxia 21 mm f2.8 is impressive but it might be too far apart from the Contax 45. I am hoping to get one single lens to replace both the Zeiss 24mm and Rokinon 12 mm. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Also, has anyone had experience in using the Techart Pro with the Voigtlander 180mm? I am having such luck with the contax G on the A7rii now I want if possible AF on the voigtlander too.

Thanks

Reb1026's gear list:Reb1026's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Sony a6000 Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow