Picture resolution/Photoshop question

Started Apr 28, 2017 | Discussions thread
OP guiri Veteran Member • Posts: 4,240
Re: Picture resolution/Photoshop question

Exit10 wrote:

guiri wrote:

Guys, I'm updating a website for someone but I haven't done this stuff in years and I'm confused.

She had someone take a few pics of her product and send them to me. I checked the exif info and they are 300 dpi. They look great when I zoom in and yes, I know they need to be 72 dpi on the web.

Anyway, when I open this pic in Photoshop and zoom in to the same size, it looks like c*a*

Surely photoshop opens a picture up in the resolution it was created in unless you change it, right?

Seems to me that the previous picture (that I'm not trying to replace) looked better when I did this.

What I'm doing is putting this picture on top of a colored background, doing an oval around it with a feathering effect so that it shades/feathers into the background color.

When replying, please keep it simple. I'm a little dense and have a huge reading comprehension problem.

Thanks

George

Are they sensitive or can you post an example? presumably these are jpegs?

What exactly do you mean that "it looks like c*a*"? In what way?

How are you seeing the images and finding that "they look great"? Which program? Are you zooming to 100% in this program?

Do you mean that you just start Photoshop, open the image and it doesn't look the same as using your other program (before doing anything else to the image)? What about zoom to 100% does it look different to zooming to 100% in your other program?

Well, I got them as tiff's. They look good zoomed in, in ACDSee. I open it in PS and zoom in to roughly the same size and the image sucks. I drag it into the background image/color and it still looks crummy. Bottom line, it loses quality once opened in PS.
I've attached samples. I had to resize the first one to make them the same size but you should be able to see the difference between the first one and the others clearly.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow