Nikon dx to x system advice

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Dennis Forum Pro • Posts: 17,264
Re: Nikon dx to x system advice

John 94 wrote:

Well I have used the x100 for c.3 years and got used to the button layout and of course the aperture ring is great to have. I find the control dials on the front and back of the xt10 to be too light and not terribly reassuring. Just a bit vague, but of course it's early days. The x100 is so slow in comparison but I still consider it useable in the right context.

Thanks John. It's funny - I dug out my two 70's era compact rangefinders to see how similar they are to the X100's (I'd forgotten) and it turns out, they're not all that similar - no dials on top and shutter speed ring on the lens, like the aperture ring. No exposure compensation dials. So the X100s must be more similar to an SLR I must have used at some point.  Relative to how many years I've been shooting with different cameras, I've probably spent very little time with a camera with controls like that, but it still looks like it would feel "right".

- Dennis
--
Gallery at http://kingofthebeasts.smugmug.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow