Prime 2/3-lens setup

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
OP FTOG Forum Member • Posts: 89
Re: Prime 2/3-lens setup

Thought I might give an update. After some more consideration, I did pull the trigger on the 23/2.0 WR. My first impressions are very positive. Lovely aperture ring: just the right amount of click firmness. AF is nigh-silent and snappy. Although I knew about the lens weight, it is still astonishingly low in the hands and balances well with my X-E2. As for iQ, I have not yet enough of a chance to try the lens. I have only checked some snaps on the back LCD, hardly a valid way of judging my lens sample's IQ.

As for the 27mm, it might now be on the way out. While it is significantly shorter than the 23mm, I would have the 18mm as a future alternative when the camera/lens combo needs to be as compact as possible.

Now, the burning question will be the third lens to choose. I have some Olympus OM Zuikos (24mm, 40mm, 50mm, 135mm) I might adopt with a cheapo adapter. That would also allow me to use them with some extension rings I have lying around.

In the near future, the hottest contestants remain the 35/2.0 WR and 50/2.0 WR.
And a rumoured 18mm Mk II (with WR?) or 14mm could be a nice replacement on the short end.

FTOG's gear list:FTOG's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow