"Your start up disk is full…"

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
agrumpyoldsod Regular Member • Posts: 186
Re: "Your start up disk is full…"

bent christian wrote:

agrumpyoldsod wrote:

Hen3ry wrote:

I have just fitted 16 GB RAM (2 x 8 GB) to my mid-2011 15" Hi Rez 2.3 Ghz i7 MBP. Officially it will run only 8 GB, but it is widely reported to be okay with 16 GB and it certainly runs fine with OS X.6.8.

BUT NOW when I boot up I get this message: "Your start up disk is full…" and advising me to delete some files.

The start-up disk is a 100 GB partition with about 20 GB free.

d) Use CleanmyMac 3 to clear out caches and other surplus junk

Installing Cleanmymac and Mac Keeper are not advised. A quick search of the Internet will tell you why.

I did not mention Mac Keeper -- which is a leach

CM3 is a great product and I have used it and all previous versions for years. I see you also use a cleaner -- but just not CM3.

If you are going to suggest a quick search of the internet -- give a link to an article or actual research you believe proves your point -- otherwise don't waste my time.

Onyx is the go-to maintenance application for OSX. CCleaner does not dig quite as deep by default. I use it on my Macs and Windows machines to clean up temporary system and Web files.

You prefer Onyx -- good for you - others don't - Apple forum on Onyx - "Onyx is not really needed for maintenance. It is used for troubleshooting and customization."

"Mac's do some background maintenance by themselves, but they don't clean the Internet data or corrupted caches." - which is why I use one.

agrumpyoldsod's gear list:agrumpyoldsod's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +22 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow