Fujifilm x30 - my opinion and photos

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
TheWhiteDog Regular Member • Posts: 139
Re: Fujifilm x30 - my thoughts

Well, you don't need much advice considering the quality of your photos!

f4.5 is fine, ultimate sharpness is f3.2-f4, according to tests. Diffraction after f5.6 becomes very noticeable. But the lens is really, really good. It will never be the limiting factor in the quality of your images.

I do shoot RAW + Fine JPEGS, it is amazing how much less highlights are blown out in RAW- but otherwise the JPEGs are great

For JPEGS, set NR at -2, especially when shooting above ISO 400. Yes, there will be noise but you lose too much detail. I prefer to handle NR in Lightroom if need be. Since I try to stick to ISO 100 that isn't a concern.

Since I shoot at ISO 100 most of the time my DR setting is 100. I've heard positive things about, and used infrequently, DR 200. As for DR400 II haven't  used it.  Since I import RAW + JPEGs into Lightroom I can compare the blown highlights and usually recover from the RAW file. For JPEG shooters those DR options are probably invaluable.

I've never tried it but try shooting in RAW and using the in camera converter, I hear it is really good and a great way to adjust highlights, film simulations etc

You're really talented, don't worry to much about this stuff and concentrate on your excellent eye for perspective & subject matter. I look forward to your posts. The x30 is a wonderful camera, which shows in the prices it fetches these days.

TheWhiteDog's gear list:TheWhiteDog's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm X30 Canon Pixma MX882 Canon Pixma Pro-10 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow