Using iOS 10/11 devices for culling

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP wklee Veteran Member • Posts: 6,225
Re: Using iOS 10/11 devices for culling

Boomanbb wrote:

wklee wrote:

I previously bought an iPad 4 (iOS 6 at the time) thinking I could cull photos with it but I had to abandon the idea as it proved unsuitable. What about the suitability of newer devices with iOS 10 and the upcoming iOS 11?

Otherwise, I will have to stick with a Mac?

-- hide signature --

Never buy version 1.0 of anything.
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi

I think it all depends on how you are using it. For the most people, I would consider it unsuitable because the typical user wants to cull photos directly from the memory card or camera and it is just to slow to make that viable unless you are culling a few tens of images.

On the other hand, for me it is fine because I load my thousands of images onto my desktop and then sync them with Lightroom Mobile. Works quite well for my purposes and I have been able to work with 30,000 images on a 32GB iPad Air with no problems.

One method no good, another method just fine.

-- hide signature --

Ben Boozer
Disagree without being disagreeable

Thanks, Ben. I have probably 100,000 or more photos stored in various hard disks that I need to sort out. iOS 10 manages RAW images better now. I heard a rumor that the iPhone 8 may get a True Tone display.

-- hide signature --

Never buy version 1.0 of anything.
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow