XF 18-55 vs. XC 16-50 FOV difference - Anyone willing to post?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
sirhawkeye64
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 1,030
Re: Well, that's the thing here, and you hit the nail...

Ben Herrmann wrote:

...on the head by confirming that there's not much difference in the center. The entry level 16-50 is very sharp in the center (I'd say almost the 2/3 rd's part of the center photo). The edges are where you run into more issues. But one could say this about many lenses for that matter. The two copies of the 18-55 that I have are fairly sharp from center to edge. The 16-50's I have are consistent also in that they are sharp in the center portions of images, yet fall off at the sides.

-- hide signature --

Sincerely,
Bernd ("Ben") Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina USA

Yeah, I think edges are tricky in most zooms in general.  Probably less in primes.  For me, if center and mid are good, then I think I might just get the 16-50 now (for walkaround photography stuff), as I will want to get a decent wide angle for this camera for landscapes, and maybe in the future I'll go back and get a more standard zoom or a few primes in the future.  The Fuji is a second camera mainly for things other than landscapes and model photography (ie. everything else that I don't want to  carry around a 5 lb DSLR and lenses).

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow