OMD Cameras and lenses for Iceland

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
StanTsui Senior Member • Posts: 1,254
Re: OMD Cameras and lenses for Iceland

srvdp1 wrote:

The wind/rain situation was kind of what I was also hoping to hear because I do have the possibility of keeping lenses on three different bodies so I don't have to change lenses in the field. I'm guessing that condensation may be an issue so that If I could keep the lenses mounted and then they'd be on the cameras all day it would be better. For times when we jump in the car to go to another site, I'll put them in my 2 gallon ziplock bags.

A lot of the falls require some hiking(Godafoss), some climb a lot of stairs(Skogafoss).  3 cameras and tripot is a lot to carry around.  Take that into consideration.

As for moisture not just rain also from waterfall not to mention when you go behind a fall(Seljalandsfoss) it get very wet.  I only use e3 w/ 12-60 in those so I have no worry about wetness.  I carry a dry towel around to clean the lens for water drop.

StanTsui's gear list:StanTsui's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-410 Olympus E-510 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow