What should be the camera for birth and wedding?

Started 3 days ago | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
serdary OP New Member • Posts: 23
Re: What should be the camera for birth and wedding?

photolando wrote:

serdary wrote:

photolando wrote:

Well. I will ignore the $2000 because you will need more. $3000 is doable. For ONE set up. If your going to be a pro though, you HAVE TO have some kind of backup. I don't even care if it's an older, used camera, if your a pro and shooting a gig and your ONE camera goes down, AND THEY WILL, your screwed and so is the client who depended on you with their hard earned money.

I've been a Canon shooter for awhile now. No dedication. Just do. Shot Nikon for a number of years. Canon had better ISO performance years ago since it had CMOS and Nikon held onto CCD for awhile. Now everyone uses CMOS so at the time, I was correct. lol

You might consider a Fuji X-T2. Great camera. Wedding shooters, especially British ones, are loving it and making the switch. I have the X-T1. Best skin tones I have ever seen right out of camera. X-T2 made everything even better. As a pro I'm not a big "auto" shooter. But had to cover a golf clinic the other day with changing light and it nailed every shot, or got very close with little tweaking for exposure later. A lot of that is user knowledge as well.

There is a member on here who responded on the Prime vs Zoom thread thats about three threads down from this, John Mottershaw. He is a Fuji shooter. His wedding work is just fantastic! http://www.johnmottershaw.com

Fuji has an APS C size sensor (cropped factor) but that means lenses are a bit small as well and also not as pricey as there FF counterparts. An X-T2 with the beautiful 56mm 1.2, THEE Fuji portrait lens, together will run you about $2600. That leaves about $400. So with another $50 you could pick up their new X-500 Flash as well. Great portrait set up for beginner if you ask me.

-- hide signature --

Mike

Thank you so much for this valuable feedback. I had to go to the following devices in the framework of the budget and there is also X-T2.

Fujifilm X-T2 Black + Fujifilm Fujinon XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR Lens

Nikon D750 + AF-S NIKKOR 24-70MM F / 2.8E ED VR

Nikon D750 + Tamron 24-70mm f / 2.8 Di VC (Nikon Compatible)

Sony A7R II + Sony FE 24-70 mm F2,8 GM SEL2470GM

Sony A7R II Body + Sony Vario-Tessar T * (Zeiss) 24-70mm OSS Lens

-- hide signature --

Serdar YILDIRIM

The Nikon 750 is a great camera as well. As a corporate event shooter, I have an associate that uses one as his main camera and the results are fantastic.

The only drawback of mirrorless is the battery drain. If you have several batteries, your fine. Just like changing a role of film back in the day, but not as bad. At a wedding you may find yourself changing a battery at least once every two hours. Three gets most people by. Using the grip where you can keep another 2 with the X-t1 gives you at least 6 hours. Depends how you shoot.

With a dslr like the Nikon, one battery could last you through the while event. I have done events with my Canon 6D with two batteries and last though an 8 hour event easily. Two for sure.

Nikon, great. Great glass. A little more $$ for fast lenses.

Fuji, great as well. Cheaper on the fast lenses compared to dslr. Fuji has beautiful glass as well. They have been around a long time. They know glass.

Sony? Great as well, just have no experience with it.

-- hide signature --

Mike

From your feedback I understand; Each of these devices can solve my work (for birth and wedding photography), with a few batteries for the X-T2. For this reason, I can move by looking at price performances, right?

-- hide signature --

Serdar YILDIRIM

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow