An excellent entry level Canon EOS camera

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Nick Tester New Member • Posts: 16
Re: An excellent entry level Canon EOS camera

Firstly, I'd like to compliment you on your review.
The 350D. Is still a camera with many practical applications, even over a decade after it was launched.

What you say about buying an expensive camera, then getting scared to take it out anywhere, is something that I hear about a lot, from people with cameras.
(Your approach to it is entirely excellent, by the way:
Buy an older model; see it for the hammer it is.).

My input, which I hope to be constructive, is that while I appreciate that some people have completely valid and worthy reasons for not doing so, I'd suggest that people might consider insurance, when they're in that position.

If insurance seriously isn't for you, (the reader,) I'd suggest that people might consider the values of two things:

The value of a pristine camera in five years,
With all of the outdated technology.

Vs.

All of the images you could have captured with it, over five years.

Make your choice.
If you get it wrong, learn from it.

I don't know which one is more valuable to anyone else, but I'd personally prefer five years of photographs.

Excuse me if that was a bit heavy, it just hurts to think of a camera, just sitting there, when I believe that you could realise the potential of the camera that's just sitting there.

Nick Tester's gear list:Nick Tester's gear list
Canon EOS 350D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow