Anyone thinking of M43?

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
newdiginoz New Member • Posts: 6
Re: Anyone thinking of M43?

I went through similar decisions recently. Key decision was whether to keep my Em5 ii or sell it and keep my trusty D7100. Lens-wise, on the M43 side I had the Panny 12-32, 35-100 and 17mm f1.8. For the Nikon I have the 18-105vr, Tokina 12-24, Nikon 35mm and 50mm 1.8Gs and new SB-700. I liked the articulating touch screen on the Oly, plus the EVF and overlaid live histogram in particular. The face/eye tracking AF was quick and effective too. The stabilisation was great for video and I found that it's been the only camera I could pass to a stranger for a decent family photo - it has decent weight to it and I think the IBIS helped there too. That being said, the D7100 does fill flash better to my taste. The stabilisation on the Oly has been invaluable at times, provided the subject is hardly moving. For me this wasn't as often as I initially thought though. It also came down to ergonomics too: I've spent some time in manual mode on the Nikon, in low light, and wanted to preserve the muscle memory that I'd worked hard to build up. With deeper pockets I'd probably have kept the Oly, but have other expenses.

newdiginoz's gear list:newdiginoz's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon PowerShot G16 FinePix XP70 Olympus TG-860 Nikon D7100 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow