MBD12 grip problem

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
agrumpyoldsod Regular Member • Posts: 447
Re: MBD12 grip problem

PlanetPenwith wrote:

Hi

Wondering if anyone could shed some light on a problem I'm having...I very recently bought a D800 and MBD-12 grip. When I attach the grip to the D800 the battery power indicator shows battery power as being drained - flashing battery indicator (battery was fully charged prior to putting in grip). I have the D800 setting on the battery in the grip to be used first. Anyone else had this prob? Or am I doing something wrong...Manual doesn't seem to be able to help me with this matter.

Your help would be most appreciated, thank you

I discovered that I had stretched the screw fitting such that even when screwed in tight, the terminals between the grip and body were loose -- so I fitted an elastic band (on the shutter button  side) to pull the grip into the body and it works fine.

Lesson  -- don't grab your camera by its screw-in battery grip, particularly if you have a 600mm attached.

agrumpyoldsod's gear list:agrumpyoldsod's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +22 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow