Re: Why I sold my Sony FE system and got back to Nikon

PK24X36NOW wrote:

cosmicnode wrote:

crosstype wrote:

biza43 wrote:

crosstype wrote:

lonewolf1983 wrote:

ravduc wrote:

Both systems have their drawbacks and positives. I like having both.

Ditto, Sony for portraits, landscape and general use
Nikon for sports, dogs and wildlife

Staged portraits? I guess it will work. Anything that requires fast action (AF point selection and focus tracking under low light) could be a pain for Sony.

Landscape? Definitely no. Why would I take a star-eater to the field? It's also inappropriate for long exposure landscape work.

I (and many others) regularly shoot nightscapes and long exposure landscapes with the A7 and A7II, no problem. So stating that the system is inappropriate for landscape work (and with a definite qualification in there) is just not correct.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com
http://blog.paulobizarro.com/

2-hour single exposure of sun-trail: link

3-hour single exposure of sun-trail: link

Can any of your Sony do that (yet)?

I'm sure they can, the only need to carry around a large car battery to power it for that long and perhaps a flask of frozen CO2 to cool it.

Heh in reality, it's probably more like "I'm sure they can't, AND they would need to carry around a large car battery to power it for that long and perhaps a flask of frozen CO2 to cool it."

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

Up: D800E 1 hour; down: A7R 1 hour

Even with A7R Mark One, the cooling didn't work out well in lab tests. With A7R Mark Two , it suffers heating issues worse.

You are welcome to carry out real-world tests, but I suspect that you'd waste a whole afternoon.

crosstype's gear list:crosstype's gear list
Nikon D810A Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow