Nikon D810 issue with the Sigma IF EX DG HSM 24-70 f2.8 lens.

Started Oct 11, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
PK24X36NOW Senior Member • Posts: 1,766
Re: Nikon D810 issue with the Sigma IF EX DG HSM 24-70 f2.8 lens.

Mr G Clips wrote:

Today I had the opportunity to confirm additional SIGMA lenses with this "Live View Autofocus" issue:

WORKS:
- 24-105 f4 ART
- 150mm Macro Image Stabilized version
- 70-200mm f2.8 IS Image Stabilized version

DOES NOT WORK:
- 85mm f1.4
- 12-24mm Super-Wide angle
- ... and the above mentioned 24-70mm f2.8

ALL of these lenses produced VERY sharp and great images using the viewfinder on the D810, and the Autofocus worked super-fast even under low-light conditions (except for the 150mm macro that had problems focusing on the subject in dark), so, as long as one is using the viewfinder (for photo obviously), then everything is fine... if that is any consolation to D810 owners.

Hopefully Sigma as well as others will address this issue and find a solution soon! :-/

Otherwise guys with D810 bodies and incompatible lenses will be forced to sell their stuff...

I'm sure some of my lenses (all Sigma, as it happens) don't work in Live View on my D810. However, this does not "force me to sell" those lenses. If Live View use was a big issue, I'd simply buy Nikon lenses. I use the viewfinder and shoot normally, and all my lenses work perfectly fine in that mode.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow