Missing Nikkors that will make the D7500 more pervasive...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Satyaa Senior Member • Posts: 2,183
Re: Missing Nikkors that will make the D7500 more pervasive...

I couldn't agree more. He writes exactly what I've been feeling for the past few years since I got into Nikon, especially the first line below. Quote:

You have to use a very large 24mm f/1.8 to get a 35mm equivalent prime, and a very expensive 58mm f/1.4 to get an 85mm prime.

A Fujifilm X-T20 is going up against something like a D7200, and the D7200 is coming up short not because of the camera, but because of the lens choices.

So, what does Nikon need in the base for DX? The missing DX lenses are:

• 16mm, 23mm, 58mm f/1.8 or f/2 primes that are priced/sized to DX
  • 12-24mm f/4 rework, 16-50mm f/2.8 VR, 50-135mm f/2.8 VR

Of all the 'exotic' lenses he lists, I would be happy with the "200-400mm f/4E FL with built-in TC" for starters. I don't have the need for the others right now, but may be some day. I am debating right now between Nikon's 200-500 and Tamron's 150-600 G2.

I switched from Canon to Nikon for two reasons... (1) I did not have much investment in Canon lenses and (2) the Nikon cameras were ahead by a lot.

The Nikon cameras are still ahead - though not by a log right now - but the missing lenses do bother me once in a while. I am not switching to Canon because it will be an expensive move and I would still be missing some lenses.

If I move, it would be to a smaller system - not bigger, not the same size.

-- hide signature --

'Knowledge is the only form of wealth that increases when shared' - unknown
My FZ2500 album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskQU7Thb
My D7200 album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskQjybAS

Satyaa's gear list:Satyaa's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow