Another is my Sony 1670z good? thread

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
HP1999 Senior Member • Posts: 2,226
Re: Another is my Sony 1670z good? thread

brandog712 wrote:

HP1999 wrote:

Short version is I returned the A6500 and 16-70 and replaced it completely

I have this lens and the A6500. Best test is on a person where you can clearly see skin tones at least to me that is how I test lenses. Unless you shoot brick walls and trees all the time. I then will make a print at least 11x14 and if it looks good it is fine. Assuming exposure is good to begin with and I also like to shoot RAW and JPEG when doing this. It helps me figure out what needs a tweak if any

This said I felt something was wrong with the A6500 and 16-70 and not knowing which I ordered a duplicate camera and lens. I swapped them around so camera 1 with lens 2 kind of thing to see is it the camera or lens.

I was careful not to forget which camera and lens I bought first and kept them separate. Either way one was going back. Was it complete set one or two or lens one and camera two etc....

I ended up liking the complete second set and returned the first. I am not sure still if it was camera or lens but It seems better,

I have the return label printed for the 16-70. I think my a6500 is doing ok, I just bought it a couple of days ago so I havent really used it much. It will get work over the next week. Sonys QC seems really bad, I'm recognizing the importance of buying sony equip where I can easily exchange it.

Since I found such a good deal for the 16-70 ($700 brand new instead of $1K), I decided to go for it over the sony 18-105 even though I knew there was a chance to get a very soft and or de-centered lens. You win some and you lose some more.

Yes it is disappointing and I am one who generally has no problems with any thing I buy function wise.  The 16-70 is a $1000 what is up with this.

I just had to buy a second 16-70 to reassure myself and maybe it was self fulfilling prophecy or something but I felt the second copy was better.

It never happened with my Fuji or Nikon or Panasonic system lenses, who knows...

The main reason I did not buy Fuji was in this camera video was important and the XT-2 is over kill for what I need.  I had the XT-1 as a main camera

Anyway I am shooting the Nikon D750 and Sony A6500. I will say that I like the Sony 16-70 range i.e. Fuji should have a lens like this, if they made the Fuji 16-55 a F 4.0 lens with stabilization they would have more takers. OH and image stabilization is important for video specifically the IBIS (in body) this is the key I think that makes the technology difference and why I did not get the A6300

If the A6500 did not exist I probably would have gone to Panasonic GX-8 or G85 I think

HP1999's gear list:HP1999's gear list
Nikon D850
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow