X-T20 & 18-55 - zoom in video issue/glitch

Started 3 days ago | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
fenjen Regular Member • Posts: 159
Re: X-T20 & 18-55 - zoom in video issue/glitch

baobob wrote:

I tried zooming with my XT2 18-135mm video 4k full auto no problem at all with LMO on

The 18-135mm is stiff so the zooming is far from smooth and providing you leave AF work the sharpness is excellent during the zooming OIS was set ON

The 18-55mm behave the same

Another idea could be try different AFC settings to see if that could interfere

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

It can't be the LMO (lens modulation optimizer) though as that has to do with sharpness. I'm almost sure it's the distortion correction as someone pointed out above as well. My guess is that fuji has a few presets for different focal lengths and they just switch to the profile that is for the focal length closest to the one your using. They could use interpolation to have smooth transitions between different presets, so I do think Fuji can solve this trough a software update. For now, the only solution would be to turn off the distortion correction, if that is even possible.

fenjen's gear list:fenjen's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow