BobbyBigJob wrote:

Henry Gee wrote:

mschf wrote:

Henry Gee wrote:

it is "scrunt" and the definition is take your pick but #3 seems appropriate

-- hide signature --

It's sad that a hypocrite tells us to "ignore" yet cannot do it himself
Henry Gee

Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I'm going to have to go on principle here and stick with trünt. As long as this non-word is banned, Jolly Nutbar gets satisfaction. What really should be started is a petition to unban the banned non-word.

-- hide signature --

~ Martin

I agree but how do we get everyone that agrees to actually get on a petition.

-- hide signature --

It's sad that a hypocrite tells us to "ignore" yet cannot do it himself
Henry Gee

I just looked at the thread that is on Site Feedback and Help about the banned word. The moderator Mako2011 says that the word is well known and extremely offensive where he comes from: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/59443710

Mako seems a decent person and has been very fair and sensible in my other dealings with him. While I am happy to support the use of a word that is only offensive in the fevered imagination of our resident Fake Canadian, it is a different story if it is actually offensive in the real world.

Whether it's offensive in Mako's world or not is irrelevant. It's not even clear what his 'world' is... his country, his home...?

I believe it's the USA,

If it's a word in his language, there's nothing 'worthy of banning' to it, as he wrote.

What's next... a massive pile of banned english words because they happen to have offensive meanings in some other language (and let's not forget, 'trünt' isn't even a word in the language that this site standardizes on)?

Who'd have thought one day the Urban Dictionary would be a recognized source for the definition of english words. Is Sean Spicer on staff here?

Again, I refer to the Urban Dictionary definitions of "Jolly Roger".

-- hide signature --

~ Martin

TonyC5D's gear list:TonyC5D's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow