Looking for new photo editing software for my Mac

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Andy Hewitt Veteran Member • Posts: 3,208
Re: Looking for new photo editing software for my Mac

JD2775 wrote:

Thanks everyone again for the tips...

I did the upgrade to OS Sierra this afternoon. It took about 90 mins.

Bridge still works fine

Photoshop CS6 still appears to work fine, although I am now going to search around a bit to see what else is out there. I got some good ideas here in this post on what to search for.

This is just yet another Mac photo editing software thread, and all of these suggestions have been done to death here. However, we'd not want to discourage any contributions.

I'd recommend also doing a good search in this forum, there's been a lot of discussions covering this subject, but be warned, there is no right answer. The best thing you can do is download demos and try stuff out for yourself - workflows are very much a personal thing and you may find you prefer a certain way of working compared to others.

Just to balance up the suggestions. I'm currently using Apple Photos with a set of selected extensions - mainly MacPhun apps (especially Luminar), with RawPower and DxO Optics Pro for Photos, among a few others too. Affinity is also a good choice to add here. It's far more powerful than is initially apparent, and at least worth trying out.

And, yes, I have tried them all myself, but whatever you choose, it might come to having to change the way you work, and compromise at some point.

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Topaz Adjust Apple iPhone 5c +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow