Excellent PR-Agency for Sony

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Tony Beach Veteran Member • Posts: 8,589
Also...

Bob Janes wrote:

Don't panic, don't let yourself be fooled. Nikon is still number 2 and still produces state of the art DSLRs.

Of course they do, but what is so significant about being number 2?

Yeah, I was thinking something along the lines of what is significant about it is that you are not number one. Talk about losing sight of what is important.

This link gives a much more realistic view on Sony's numbers:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/44-million-exif-data-analyzed-shows-3-shots-taken-sony/

That is taken from a stock library. If you look at it, the graphic suggests that 2.5 times more photos are taken in Russia than in the USA, and that twice as many are taken in the Ukraine... Oh and no photos at all are taken in the UK.

I don't think that particular stock library is active in all markets, so I'm a bit dubious about their value as a representation of real use.

One is probably as misleading as the other, although I suspect 3% is probably closer to Sony's presence in the world of photography than being number two.

Tony Beach's gear list:Tony Beach's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Schneider PC-Super-Angulon 28mm f/2.8 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow