Good (less expensive) alternative to GoPro?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
sirhawkeye64
OP sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 1,165
Re: SJCAM

Ray Chen wrote:

I have quite a few SJCAM M10 that seem to fulfill your requirements. They are very cheap and provide quite decent video footage. It even has an LCD on the back of the cam to help you compose.

I bought the non-Wi-Fi version, and I recall I got them for $68 each a while back on eBay from a Chinese supplier. They are probably even cheaper now.

-- hide signature --

____ ____ _ _ ____
|__/ |__| \ / |
| \ | | | |___ o

I actually found a Hero 4 Silver (new) from B&H for $270 so I ended up getting that one after doing some research on some of the cheaper models.    The reason I decided to stick with GoPro is the accessory support, as some of the cheap "no-name" brand ones you can only get accessories from the manufacturer, unless they use standard mounting configurations.

This will do for now, as I will want to get a 4k camera at some point, just not right now (I want to expand my camera bag first....)

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow