Beach trip with the 18-135 lens (on X-T2)

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jrwdds Junior Member • Posts: 42
Beach trip with the 18-135 lens (on X-T2)

I recently picked up a used 18-135 to take on a family beach vacation. The weather (and sand) sealing and large zoom range seemed ideal for outdoor photography. Overall, I'm pleased with the results. This lens certainly proved capable for more "casual" photography while still creating high quality images. Are they as sharp as my 35/f2 images? Not quite, but the flexibility of this lens allowed for some very fun shooting with some very small, mobile subjects. I would certainly recommend it for anyone needing a "one size fits all" family vacation lens, particularly for a non-professional (like me).

(These images were downsized and exported at 99 quality in Lightroom to allow for social media posting. They aren't full size/quality jpegs, but should provide a good example of the lens's capabilities in amateur hands like mine.)

Four second exposure, hand-held but supported by deck railing.

Almost full zoom at 122mm.

18mm.

Acros film sim.

You don't see many local shrimp boats anymore.

Velvia film sim + beach = awesome colors

I love the sharpness of the water as it falls off his arm. View in 100% to see it well.

Easter morning on the east coast.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow