A9 a new great body - but no great APS-C body !!!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bev81 from France
Bev81 from France Regular Member • Posts: 353
A9 a new great body - but no great APS-C body !!!

Yes, another great and desirable body... for full frame only !

I'm using an A3000, the least expensive Sony ILC. I bought it used for next to nothing 2 years ago, taking this opportunity to test a Sony APS-C. I really like the form factor, the grip is very nice, but of course, being the cheapest you don't really have anything more than a point & shoot ergonomy.

In a desperate bid, I recently bought an A6000. A waste of money in my view (well, not so much cause I'll be able to resell it at no loss I think) ! Of course better in all regards to the A3000, but I can't adapt myself to such a small body, to the ridiculous 16:9 LCD, and even worse to the left hand side EVF (I'm a left eye shooter).

So I'm still waiting for an enthousiast version of the A3000; 2 proper command dials, a good centered EVF, a 3:2 tilting LCD, and a good grip. In others words and APS-C A7 like.

Now, some will tell me to switch to FF then ?!? Sorry, not at their price and not with all theses big and expensive glasses

Disappointing

Bev81 from France's gear list:Bev81 from France's gear list
Canon G7 X II Nikon D70 A3000 Sony a6000
Sony a6000 Sony a9 Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow