A9 a new great body - but no great APS-C body !!!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bev81 from France
Bev81 from France Regular Member • Posts: 346
A9 a new great body - but no great APS-C body !!!

Yes, another great and desirable body... for full frame only !

I'm using an A3000, the least expensive Sony ILC. I bought it used for next to nothing 2 years ago, taking this opportunity to test a Sony APS-C. I really like the form factor, the grip is very nice, but of course, being the cheapest you don't really have anything more than a point & shoot ergonomy.

In a desperate bid, I recently bought an A6000. A waste of money in my view (well, not so much cause I'll be able to resell it at no loss I think) ! Of course better in all regards to the A3000, but I can't adapt myself to such a small body, to the ridiculous 16:9 LCD, and even worse to the left hand side EVF (I'm a left eye shooter).

So I'm still waiting for an enthousiast version of the A3000; 2 proper command dials, a good centered EVF, a 3:2 tilting LCD, and a good grip. In others words and APS-C A7 like.

Now, some will tell me to switch to FF then ?!? Sorry, not at their price and not with all theses big and expensive glasses

Disappointing

Bev81 from France's gear list:Bev81 from France's gear list
Canon G7 X II Nikon D70 A3000 Sony a6000
Sony a6000 Sony a9 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow