Solar Eclipse

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Lensmate
Lensmate OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,457
Re: Solar Eclipse

MikeInOr wrote:

I have been building up my equipment for photographing the eclipse since my house is in the trail of the eclipse. I decided to order some of the black polymer filter material and make my own filters, it should be here next week. That should give me plenty of time to practice photographing the sun.

I plan to have both my DSLR's and 2 or 3 film cameras all photographing at the same time. I have a couple intervolameters that will fire off the digital cameras... probably about every 5 seconds. For lenses I have a couple Celestron 750mm schmidt cassegan lenses, a Celestron C90 1000mm Mak lens, and my 55-300 with a 2x Kenko. If I can come up with more telephoto lenses I will take out more cameras. I have been looking for an appropriate refractor telescope in the ~1000mm-1500mm range for a bit larger images... something cheap... been watching craigslist.

I am taking the day off work. My 12 year old daughter will be my assistant. Should be a lot of fun!!!!

You sound very prepared. Would be great if you shared the results down the road. Fingers crossed for clear skies!

-Martin P

https://www.flickr.com/photos/photosauraus_rex/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow