Compact to DSLR, advice?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Neilpowis
Neilpowis Forum Member • Posts: 55
Compact to DSLR, advice?

Good Morning all,

Over a year ago i purchased a Sony RX100 ii to begin my hobby of photography/videography (amateur) and i am now thinking about making my move towards a interchangeable DSLR and would really appreciate other peoples opinions on this.

I have been using my Girlfriends Canon 1000D which is a nice beginner however i want to make an investment also. I am leaning more towards Canon because i like how they work for me, however i am open to any suggestions really. I have a Budget of about £1000 which is about $1300, and i am looking maybe second hand.

I Mostly shoot stills such as Landscape, Portrait and general things, so Point and shoot has been nice but i wanting better. I would also like to try out video, I'm not thinking Formula 1 or Go-kart where it needs speed, more like travel and occasions.

The Cameras i keep coming back to and comparing;

• Canon 80D/70D
  • Canon 5D mk2/mk3
  • Canon 7D mk2

But i am open to any other suggestions. I would just appreciate other peoples advice/opinion as i came here a year ago and spoke about my Sony Rx100 ii and helped me make that purchase.

I know this is quite brief however hopefully it will get the ball rolling for me and help me get to a decision easier.

Thanks,

Neil

Neilpowis's gear list:Neilpowis's gear list
Sony RX100 III Canon EOS 1000D
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow