Need advice on lenses: Nice and Monte Carlo in June

Started 5 days ago | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Januss Forum Member • Posts: 88
Need advice on lenses: Nice and Monte Carlo in June

Hello all, I am traveling to Nice and Monte Carlo in June. I am looking to see what would be best for the area there. I can only imagine doing a lot of street photography and landscapes but I have never been there or to the region. Subsequently I have a few questions:

1. I am genuinely thinking of replacing my existing glass with different lenses. When I travel I tend not to use all of it and end up carrying around a bunch of extra weight. This is not ideal for a variety of reasons but I do a lot of hiking and it competes for space and weighs a ton.
    2.  I would like to make the changes to my kit now so I can get used to it before leaving. 
    3.  I live in Alaska currently so I have a lot of landscapes and need to get a better lens for astrophotography. 
    4.  I want a good walk about lens and quite frankly only want to take two lenses with me.  I enjoy playing with the impossible   Polaroid camera as well so that will be with me additionally.   My current Sony 24–70 doesn't perform that well in low light situations so would like something a little bit faster. I really do enjoy the restriction of a  prime lens so I'm perfectly happy to have two primes to go with 
    5.  Any suggestions on where to go for excellent  sightseeing in my destinations?

Thank you for your help and suggestions.

-- hide signature --

Amar
To find health should be the object of the doctor. Anyone can find disease.

Januss's gear list:Januss's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 II Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Zeiss Loxia 50
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow