First shots with FZ80 and TC-E17ED

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dragonrider
Dragonrider Junior Member • Posts: 39
First shots with FZ80 and TC-E17ED

The brand new in the box Nikon TC-E17ED that I found on EBay just arrived and I popped it on the FZ80 with a 55-60mm step-up ring and took some shots. As far as I can see, there is essentially no degradation with this extender, whereas the Panny DMW-LT55 (which I also have) is pretty blurry and adds a lot of CA. With the TC-E17 (as with the LT55), the camera is slow to focus unless there is a lot of light and good contrast, but most of the time it seems to get there. Hummingbirds are my handy subjects, so that's what I shot today.

Tried some video, but that clearly needs a tripod at about 2800mm equivalent. Aside from being shaky, the 4k video did look pretty sharp, though.

All shots are at full zoom and full frame, and all are processed with Neat Image plug-in in PS.

Hummer on a branch

Higher ISO shot

More than a full stop of shadow pull

ISO 1000

Dragonrider's gear list:Dragonrider's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 +42 more
Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow