A77II auto focus issue

Started 4 days ago | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
lhkjacky Senior Member • Posts: 2,454
Re: A77II auto focus issue

Researching Again wrote:

I have been having intermittent autofocus issues with my A77II irrespective of the lens I use. After not autofocusing it will start autofocusing again when I move from the Auto focus selector (i.e. between single shot to continuous to auto) in no particular order. It is frustrating and I am wondering is it a setting issue. I would appreciate some guidance.

I never have such problem on my A77mk2.

Have you tried clean the contact of the lens mount ?
If the lens connection to the camera is unreliable, the focus may not work temporarily.

(When the lens stop auto focus, what focus mode did the camera show on the display ?)
(When the lens stop auto focus, Did the aperture value show correctly on the display ?)

Also be careful to not rotate the Manual Focus Ring by accident, because DMF (Direct Manual Focus) override may click in and change the focus mode to Manual temporarily.

lhkjacky's gear list:lhkjacky's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Ricoh GR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow