Can I connect a TG-4 to an iPhone 6 with a cable?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nycjulia New Member • Posts: 2
Can I connect a TG-4 to an iPhone 6 with a cable?

Dear experts and enthusiasts,

I'm going on vacation in a little over two weeks. It's a very different type of vacation for me - five days on a boat between Panama and Colombia. There'll be many opportunities to drop my iPhone into the sea and lose it forever or damage it in some other way, and I have come to realize that the opportunity to record something beautiful might warrant a real camera.

I am sure my general technophobia is evident; despite working in technology I have no desire to spend any of my own time managing it. I'm looking at a TG-4 or an AW130 as an easy solution. But the main question for me aside from the evidence I glean from the web that both cameras appear extremely competent, is (and finally, the question)

Can I simply connect the camera to the iPhone with a cable and dump the photos? Does the f2.8 - f2.0 difference between TG-4 and AW130 really matter to an idiot like me? Also, is 55Mb enough space for perhaps a couple of hundred photos? I see the AW130 has 470Mb, perhaps this is important for the way I would use the device. And I am reading a lot of stuff here about cables and chargers... does the camera not charge like a phone? Will I need to buy batteries and chargers and cables and whatnot? I understand the boat provides enough power to recharge small devices...

Many thanks for humoring my obvious incompetence... any responses very much appreciated as I have to move quite quickly. I plan to post this in the AW130 threads too.. hope that's ok.

J

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix AW130 Olympus Tough TG-4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow