X100F Film Simulation with RAW

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jsedgwick New Member • Posts: 5
X100F Film Simulation with RAW

I would assume that the X100F film simulations only apply to JPGs, but I remember reading in some review (which naturally I now cannot find) that something about the simulations was "on-sensor," meaning that shooting RAWs with simulation is actually meaningful because it actually involves manipulation of how capture is performed, and therefore you can't just apply them in post and get the same result. But this seems dubious to me especially since I can't find any evidence to back it up. I am under the impression that Lightroom has the various simulations under Camera Calibration/Profiles, so that makes it seem like they are reproducible in post for RAWs. If so, will RAWs out of camera look just like Provia, or something else?
(I know that even if they are reproducible, I'll probably use them on-camera anyways so you can preview them in EVF/LCD/replay etc. But I'm still curious.)

Sorry if this has been asked before - I searched but couldn't get a clear answer.

Thanks!

Fujifilm X100F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow