FZ2500 Visits the Heritage Flight Museum 8 April 2017

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
evetsf Regular Member • Posts: 384
FZ2500 Visits the Heritage Flight Museum 8 April 2017

I finally had the opportunity to go through some images from my visit to the Heritage Flight Museum in Burlington WA on 8 April.  Unfortunately, the weather wasn't totally cooperative!

It started out looking like it would be a good day to fly some of the planes, and indeed two of them fueled up and took off for a few passes.  I still have to work on technique, but there are a couple of shots of their T-6 trainer that turned out well:

But that was about it.  The pilots encountered some severe winds aloft and chose to get back on the ground.  Here they are taxiing back to the hangar:

There were a few other planes parked outside that might have flown in better weather:

This is one lethal-looking machine!

However, hopes of getting some planes back in the air soon got drowned, as it started to rain:

I spent the rest of my time indoors looking at and photographing other aircraft and objects (including a P-51 Mustang, undergoing maintenance with its engine cowling off), but haven't finished reviewing those images yet.

Cheers,
Steve

evetsf's gear list:evetsf's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic FZ2500
Panasonic FZ2500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow