FZ2500 Visits the Heritage Flight Museum 8 April 2017

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
evetsf Regular Member • Posts: 290
FZ2500 Visits the Heritage Flight Museum 8 April 2017

I finally had the opportunity to go through some images from my visit to the Heritage Flight Museum in Burlington WA on 8 April.  Unfortunately, the weather wasn't totally cooperative!

It started out looking like it would be a good day to fly some of the planes, and indeed two of them fueled up and took off for a few passes.  I still have to work on technique, but there are a couple of shots of their T-6 trainer that turned out well:

But that was about it.  The pilots encountered some severe winds aloft and chose to get back on the ground.  Here they are taxiing back to the hangar:

There were a few other planes parked outside that might have flown in better weather:

This is one lethal-looking machine!

However, hopes of getting some planes back in the air soon got drowned, as it started to rain:

I spent the rest of my time indoors looking at and photographing other aircraft and objects (including a P-51 Mustang, undergoing maintenance with its engine cowling off), but haven't finished reviewing those images yet.

Cheers,
Steve

Panasonic FZ2500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow