Lumix GX80/85 Live Preview Problem

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Swayum New Member • Posts: 9
Lumix GX80/85 Live Preview Problem

I'm using the Nocticron 42.5mm f 1.2 lens, which has an aperture ring.

When I'm in M mode, the image I see on the LCD screen of my camera looks exactly like the final photo that I get when I snap a picture. This is because I have gone to Menu > Custom > Custom Preview = on. I can control the aperture using my camera's aperture ring and it shows me the correct aperture number on the LCD screen. So I'm happy with that.

However, when I'm in A mode, I get funny results. The aperture ring works and controls aperture as expected and my LCD screen updates to the expected number also. However, no matter what I do to the aperture setting, the preview image on the LCD screen is COMPLETELY unaffected! It just seems stuck on aperture f1.2 in my indoor tests. So when I snap a photo, with say aperture f8, the result can be totally different to the image I was seeing on the LCD screen. Now function 6 I have set as "Preview" - when I click this, it toggles between shutter effect on and off, with aperture effect fixed at on (and not possible to change). Regardless of what I toggle to, it doesn't really seem to impact the LCD preview that I'm seeing.

My ISO and White Balance settings are on auto.

I would really just like to be able to preview the effect of changing the aperture (and hence shutter speed) in A mode and not be surprised by the final photo that I snap. If it looks fine in M mode, surely there's a way in A mode?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow