So how is the X100F vs ...

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
John Gellings Senior Member • Posts: 2,315
Re: So how is the X100F vs ...

MinAZ wrote:

John Gellings wrote:

For me, the fact that the X100F can focus quickly in low light makes it much more useful to me. Other than that, I'm not sure.

I actually have the T, and wasn't sure what to compare it's low-light abilities to. I know it doesn't focus as quickly as my DSLR but never expected it to anyway, so I just thought it focused as fast as it did and no faster (or slower). Now with the F, are we saying that it made huge gains in low light AF speed? Was it unacceptably slow before and adequate or fast now? Actually TBH I've not really complained about the T's low light focus speed but never had to try too hard as in low light my subjects were static (usually food and the occasional aquarium fish).

I'm talking at light lower than 0 EV.  It is fast and accurate at -2 / -3 EV just like the X-T2 and X-Pro2.  In the past, Fuji would hunt at this low of light unless it was a very high contrast scene.

John Gellings's gear list:John Gellings's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 50-230mm Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow