Anybody bought the new T7i/800D?

Started Apr 7, 2017 | Discussions thread
RSCPA Forum Member • Posts: 66
Re: I Like it (and a Very Nice Kitchen too....lol)

Traveller wrote:

...the 24~105 f4L is a pretty heavy lens though...still, it does, as it should, very-very nice work on your new t7i.

I am stepping down from a 6D for a variety of reasons...and while I thought I had given away most of my e-fs lenses to my young niece...I discovered that I still have the 15~85/3.5.5.6...it is a pretty nice lens you might want to consider (I am glad I gave away the older 17~85...and kept the other)

Also, the 18~135 stm is awfully nice if you are going to being shooting some video.

In any case...post more (darkish shot) images if you can.

Thanks

Best Wishes, Traveller

Yes, the 24-105 isn't a light lens for sure, but I really like what I'm seeing in terms of IQ with it on this camera, and what that lens also did with my 70D. That lens seems to produce very pleasing photos to my somewhat amateurish/enthusiast eyes. It's surely a lot more capable of a lens than I am a photographer. With the lightweight of the 7ti I think I'll tolerate it partnered with the 24-105 ok. I do own both the 15-85 and the 18-135 as well. The 15-85 takes very nice photos and the 18-135 is truly a great range for walking around. It's too early for me to know for sure which one to favor as my walk-around lens as I've only used the 24-105 in the few days I've owned it.

Here are some more dark photos from the other night when I first got the camera. All hand-held.

iso 800

iso 3200; focus point at oil bottles next to salt grinder

iso 3200; focus point at far end of dish rack on clear cup.

iso 1600; focus point on small jar in center of pic.

RSCPA's gear list:RSCPA's gear list
Nikon D5500 Canon EOS Rebel T7i Nikon D7500 Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow