Help! Epson 1430 indicates paper jam, but I can't find one.

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dalemccl Contributing Member • Posts: 518
Help! Epson 1430 indicates paper jam, but I can't find one.

I have an Epson 1430 that is 15 months old. Hasn't it has light use. I last printed about a week ago.  Yesterday I wanted to print a test image from Lightroom, just to keep the the ink in the nozzles from drying up.  The printer indicated the magenta cartridge was empty, so I changed it before doing a 5"x7" print from Lightroom.

When I clicked the print button in LR, I didn't hear the printer pull the paper in (Epson Premium Ultra Glossy 5x7). The ink and the paper lights were both blinking in sync, which the manual indicates means a paper jam. No other lights were lit.  The error message from the printer driver popped up and also indicated there is a paper jam.

I opened the top cover and can see no paper jam while looking down into the printer. It might be hidden. There is a door on the front that opens from the top and looks like it would pivot down toward the output tray. I can pull on the top center opening of that door and the top center of the door will flex out a little, but it is stuck solid on both sides and won't open.  I pulled somewhat firmly but I didn't want to try to force it open for fear of breaking it.

There are two stickers on that door that seem to indicate that the door should (or maybe can) only be opened when the power light is lit.  It isn't -- only the two flashing lights are lit. So the printer may have locked that door.

So far, what I have tried is:

1) turn the printer off and back on   2) pull the A/C plug and reinsert it  3) check the cartridge to make sure I installed it right.

None of this helped.

Assuming there really is a jam that I can't see with just the top tray open, how can I gain more access to the hidden areas of the paper path?

Thanks.

dalemccl's gear list:dalemccl's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow