Upgrade from Nex-5 to A6300 + lenses?

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SanJunipero New Member • Posts: 1
Upgrade from Nex-5 to A6300 + lenses?

I have a NEX-5 and I'm now thinking about upgrading to a A6300, but I am still not sure. I considered a Canon 80D first, but honestly I will mostly bring my camera with me on travels and for that I need it to be on the smaller side, otherwise I'll just end up leaving it in my suitcase. I also want to shoot video, is this camera good enough or should I consider the Lumix GH4 instead? So for travel photography + video, would the A6300 be a good choice?

And lenses- these are the ones I have atm:

* Sony 16 mm f2.8 pancake
* Sony Kit lens 18-55 mm
* Konica Hexanon ar 40 mm f1.8
* Konica Hexanon ar 50 mm f1.7
* Konica Hexanon ar 135 mm f3.5

I really want an all-round (and as small as possible, but good!) lens that works for travelling (I'll probably sell the 18-55 with the NEX), which one do you recommend getting with the A6300? And should I sell the 16 mm as well or just keep it? I've read about different good lenses (Sigma art lenses for example) but it is a jungle out there.

Any help is appreciated!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 80D Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Sony a6300 Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow