Campsite Marauders......

Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rod McD Veteran Member • Posts: 5,490
Campsite Marauders......

Hi,

If you've read my concurrent thread you'll know I've been away hiking on Kangaroo Island in South Australia.  We over-nighted at a Flinders Chase National Park campsite.  Here one particular wild species has adapted exceptionally well to human presence.  Woe betide any camper who leaves their food box out or the car door open at night.  These guys are competent plunderers of anything not securely locked up.  Enter the  Brush-Tailed Possum.....

All XT1, 23/1.4 and EF-X8.   J-pegs SOOC with minor cropping.

Cheers, Rod

Confident - assertive even - these guys are omnivorous and about the size of a small cat.  They have twice the brains and twice the capabilities.  They have a prehensile tail which helps them climb into just about anything and they are very dexterous.  They know exactly what campers are likely to be carrying.

And exactly where it can be found. - Yes, the food box, camp stove and the garbage bag hanging on the nearby fence-post.........

..........  can usually be relied upon to produce excellent yields.

Somehow others seem to know and arrive in numbers.

Which produces squabbles over the spoils - sometimes quickly resolved, sometimes quite ferocious.

Persistence pays off.  Cute, but best not messed with - they can scratch or  inflict a painful bite.  OTOH, I'd rather these on a raiding party than bears........

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +9 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow