TZ60 surface delaminating

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
andymc New Member • Posts: 5
TZ60 surface delaminating

Bought the TZ60 camera in December 2014. I have to say I use it regularly, have it in a soft pouch and have taken it on long haul holidays on three occasions with no electronic or mechanical problems at all. Like all long zoom cameras these days they are particularly prone to grit and dust penetrating the mechanism so you have to be careful in handling.
However, I have just noticed something on mine that is a little odd. Most of the surface is covered in a slightly grippy but thin layer of a rubberised material. On certain parts of the surface it is now delaminating. It doesn't affect the camera operation but is clearly a manufacturing fault. Upon raising this question with customer support they say they have no previous complaints. Was it just mine then? Perhaps poor preparation of surface?
Do the latest TZ models have this coating?

My camera, bought at Jessops in Reading is now just out of warranty (aren't they all!)

Delaminating wrinkled surface/corner just above the 'L' symbol. On other areas now as well.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow